Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] A stand alone controller for automatic transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truedeal

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anybody designed a micro-controller for a general motors automatic transmission?
I have a special project in which one is needed. I have a 1995 GMC Jimmy with four wheel drive and the computer is not functioning on the transmission. I won't require cruise control or any of that. Just shifting gears up and down and locking the torque converter as necessary. I know nothing at all about the small microprocessors that some of you people seem to know very well.

hello very intersting project you got there , i always dream of that. because it can be done .robotics controlled by a microcontroller will do the job , i think that the challenge here is the interface between the transmission and the micro.
do you have any scheme you can provide ?

I have the chilton's service manual with schematics. I figure that monitoring the Tachometer and the speedometer will give enough information for the computer to do the job. This truck has the 4.3 L V-6 Vortec engine. It was fuel injected and that failed and it was cheaper to change the intake manifold and put on a four barrel carburetor. By do that the throttle position sensor was lost.
I'll check the manual and see if there is any usable information in it. If there is I can scan it and turn it into a pdf file. I would appreciate any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.