Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple sampling product detector for SDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugen_E

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
product detector

I've finished building the control board and frequency synthesis board for an HF SDR receiver (3 - 4MHz). The synthesis drives an I/Q sampling detector, producing an AF signal, which is amplified and applied to a PC soundcard for software demodulation. For testing, I built a sampling detector with the 74HC4053 switch, and an AF amplifier (+30dB) with the LM833 opamp.
The problem is, the noise level on the AF output it's very high, about 30mV peak, even without the antenna.

If you know a low noise configuration with 74HC4053 or 74HC4066 as sampling detector, please post it.

74hc4053 product detector

I should add the schematic of the product detector I used. The 4053 clock circuit it's a bit different in my receiver, but the small signal part is the same with LM833 opamp. At the antenna input I placed a BPF, but with no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.