Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple design improvement that can save money and extend socket receptacle life

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhoulroyd

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
**broken link removed**
Picasso's "Guernica" and Leonardo's "The Battle of Anghiari" are examples of timeless masterpieces, born from geniuses driven by divine inspiration. For me, well it's 4am, I had to let the dog out, decided to make myself a cup of coffee and sat down to write this.

Some of the best ideas are the simplest. Anything metal, will fatigue and eventually break when flexed repeatedly over a period of time. By incorporating a simple stepped hole inside a socket receptacle shell design, the lateral movement of a mated pin will be limited. Limiting the amount of flexing of the inner contact clip fingers will reduce the rate of fatigue. This should improve the life span of the product design. If you need help understanding this concept, please feel free to contact me, I'll be happy to help you. Regards, Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back