Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A sample hold circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

didibabawu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic sample hold

In the picture is a sample hold circuit of pipeline ADC. Maybe most people use only the left part. But I have seen from a famous company's schematic that they use an amplifier to control the common mode voltage of the SHA input.
So, I want to know why the feed back circuit was used?

maybe I am totally wrong, but it seems to me look like a switched capacitor filter ... just saying that, maybe it will help

There is something missing in the previous picture, I have changed the new one.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I find some of this kind of circuit in S/H with CDS& AMP for readout diff signal (MIcron imager)

waxtomato said:
I find some of this kind of circuit in S/H with CDS& AMP for readout diff signal (MIcron imager)

Do you know why using the amp in the right?

Hello
That famous company has a patent and a jssc paper, I think Nov 1996, on it- I suggest going through them.

Bupesh

common feed back : 1)continuous
2)discrete

picture you give is 1)

Sorry I gave the wrong reference, memory plays tricks some times, the actual reference is:

A single-ended 12-bit 20 Msample/s self-calibrating pipeline A/D converter
Opris, I.E.; Lewicki, L.D.; Wong, B.C.;
Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of
Volume 33, Issue 12, Dec. 1998 Page(s):1898 - 1903

Hope it helps

Bupesh

didibabawu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.