Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Repeater controller based on Mega8/32

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,
I am looking for a repeater controller based on ATMega 8 or 32. My plan is to use follows:

first while getting power, it will do a self check on power voltage of battery/mains (12V.) also it will measure the temp of TX heat sink. after that if every thing is okey, then it will power up both of the Receiver and transmitter. then it will ON the PTT of the transmitter (TX) and send a CW ID (means PTT ON, feeding a tone to the mic in of TX) on the air. after that it will become standby while monitoring the temp and volt, etc. Once there is an audio available (we will use CTCSS in receiver set. ), it will turn on a switch to on two fans, ON the PTT (means start TX) and feed the received voice to the transmitter to TX. at this time, it will start a counter for 2 mins. Once it reaches to a continious TXing of 2 mins, it will send a high pitch error beep as a signal of TOT and stop the PTT. (it may stop the PTT or totally power down the TXvr). but it will continue the fans turning on for next 2 mins.
once the repeater gets its TOT, it will again available after 2 mins. sending a Beep again as a message that it is available.
If no TOT gets, then once the TX is over, the fan will continue for next 2 mins. and after that the system is standby and listening. means after every release of PTT, the fan will continue for next 2 mins.
everytime, it will take the temperature and voltage and monitor them. display the status of all (TX, RX, stby, TOT, etc) in an 4x16 lcd.
I hope i am able to make it clear to all of you what i actually need. I have a ckt based on mc1458 which is very simple VOX. but i need a bit advanced version that is smart. guys I need this help from you...

Mishu~~
PS. I'm posting this here because i'm considering it as a microcontroller project, instead of RF project.

Brian,
Thanks... but it is for vedio... mine one is more simple and just for voice... 2 base sets will be used... i am trying to follow one icom repeater here.... i dont need dtmf...

well, can you tell me how exactly i should feed a voice signal in mega8/32 for detection of voice in the rx?? so i can write codes on such a way that if a signal is available at the input of the uC, then it will drive a relay....

Mishu~

guys, i need the solution badly... I need to sense the audio in mega8 adc. i tried with my oscilloscope and the base is giving at full vol the out put of 5v AC signal. But it is +-5V. thus i need to filter the negative part and want to keep only the + part. I tried with an 1N914 for DC filtering... but nothing... it's giving a millivolt. but i need only the 0 to +5v part... i need to know how to sense the Audio AC in uC. please guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.