Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A reference device for Lightly Doped Drain (LDD) Layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams94

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to use a p-type LDD layer for my design, but I cannot find any devices using the LDD layer in the library. I guess it is a derived layer.
I wonder if there is any device I can refer to?

I am trying to use a p-type LDD layer for my design, but I cannot find any devices using the LDD layer in the library. I guess it is a derived layer.
I wonder if there is any device I can refer to?
FYI, I am using the TSMC 65nm process.

You may have to draw your own. There aren't many useful devices you can make. Poly is a hard mask so you can't make a LDD MOSFET. Too thin a layer, probably, to make a top gate JFET although you could make a back gate one (with front oxide meddling maybe).

Recommend you start with the mask fab Booleans to see how it's made, and if you're lucky your CAD platform has a utility to take a layout and give you mask logic layers to inspect.

It may be that a resistor is the best you can do. Hey, it's still a device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back