Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question on Class AB opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

yschuang

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
**broken link removed**Hello, all

I have a question on the size of some transistos and marked them in red.
The question is why they are not equal and why they are sized like that way(50/2, 24/2).
What I thought is try to set sources of M20 and M28 equal but that is not true.
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• railtorail.GIF
    railtorail.GIF
    21.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

I reviewed the circuit, Both M28 and M20 should be different size, Because Vgs of M28 is lower than M20's, so The size of M28 is larger than M20's for equal current.

I reviewed the circuit, Both M28 and M20 should be different size, Because Vgs of M28 is lower than M20's, so The size of M28 is larger than M20's for equal current.

Vgs of M28 and M20 will be the same if the currents through M28 and M20 and size of M28 and M20 are the same.
Currents through M28 and M20 are the same. The size of M28 is larger than that of M20. The Vgs of M28 is definitely smaller than that M20.
I = 0.5uCox(W/L)Vgst2
Anyway, thanks for your post.

Vg to VDD voltage is equal both M28 and M20, But Drain of M13 to VDD voltage is larger than drain of M14 voltage, so Vgs28>Vgs20, in order to make the current both M28 and M20 be same, so size of M28 is larger than M20'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back