Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question not answered yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azaz104

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you help me with these two delimmas:

1-Newton and kepler noticed that bodys with mass attract each other, but this is just an observation of the force not an explanation of why it happens, so how and why does it happen?

2-Scientists since hubbel, predicted and proved the expansion of our universe, and stepehen hawking predicted that all the universe will contract again to the single singularity it started with, but other scientists argue this and say that the the universe will expand forever, but what about the notion of SPACE, in connotation and meaning? does this mean that we are living in an infinite place? and does such thing exist?

You are touching more philosophy than sience such as matematics, physics or astronomy ..
And you probably know that there is nobody around who can give you correct and satisfactory answers ..
And that's why people created religions and Gods ..

So, relax and have a beer or two (wine or whisky will do too) .. and you will really feel much better ..

Regards,
IanP

but does this mean that we're not to find out EVER about these facts or even touch the boundaries of thier truth??? (Philosophical question)

I think so ..
Try to define gravity or mass ..
We are like a tiny virus in a hugh, and I mean hugh, body ..
Therefore, accept my beer offer ( if I could I would buy you one ) and enjoy it ..
Regards,
IanP

The subject of science is "how things work", not "why things are the way they are". There is an important nuance between these two questions. The question of "why" is the subject of belief or disbelief systems. But this does not mean we are not to try to find an answer for "why". What I am telling is science can not provide you an answer for this question. All science can do is to provide you a clue.

for the first quesion, there is one theory can explain why there is gravity. it is called the General Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein

For the second question, you dont need to worry about that. so far there is no good physics theory to describe the what happened right after the "big bang" or the universe contracted to a small point.

the current physics is in dilemma right now. before Einstein died, he was working on make one perfect physics law which can govern the whole universe, but he never suceed.

so far, we have two physic laws left to decribe the universe. and some talented physician are working toward unifying them as one theory. one promising and controversial theory is call m-string theory.

the two physics laws left are: General Theory of Relativity for describing large object such as stars and galaxies and Quantum theory for for describing small objects such as electron, neuron, quak and so on.

then you will understand. when the universe contract to a small point or exploding from a small point, we need a theory to describe both large and small object.

but unforutnately, we dont have one. and the two physic laws left are conflict with each other to applied to here.

so dont worry about it, so far no body can explain it yet.

Added after 4 minutes:

azaz104 said:
Can you help me with these two delimmas:

2-Scientists since hubbel, predicted and proved the expansion of our universe, and stepehen hawking predicted that all the universe will contract again to the single singularity it started with, but other scientists argue this and say that the the universe will expand forever, but what about the notion of SPACE, in connotation and meaning? does this mean that we are living in an infinite place? and does such thing exist?

if there is no mass, then there is no time. so the universe is expanding and also creating time. beyond that, i dont think there is anything infinity.

these questions are like "why is the sky blue" yes there is an answer. i will try to answer your first question.

as posted, two masses attract each other is solved by general relativity. essentially, mass has the ability to warp space so that it has high/low potential energy areas. warp space means energy density/curvature. energy flows from high potential to low potential. so the mass moves to force the "system" to equalize.

did you know that a significant electromagnetic pulse can also warp spacetime?

your second question is difficult to answer. i believe that it was proven that the universe (at least in our observable region) is expanding, at an ACCELERATED rate. the question is, is that rate faster than the pull of gravity? if so, then in our region it will continue to expand, if not it will eventually detract and forma Big Crunch. mostly, your answer is difficult to answer because humans have yet to truely grasp the meaning of space-time. yes SPACE can expand infinitely, but what happens to TIME? time is much more than the way we use it (to mark the passage of events). time is also energy. i think that J.D. Jackson wrote about this in his electrodynamics book back in the 60's. personally, i view space-time as sort of a figure eight. it just loops back on itself, eventually. so it may SEEM to our observation that space is getting bigger & bigger, but too bad we do not observe TIME because then we would see the "big picture" and your question would be easily answered.

Mr.Cool[/b]

i agree with IanP, dont bother ur self thinkin about that, drink some beers and try someting that the human can explain

the whole universe will be wound up in a disaster and all the men will be facind Alla swat.he is the one who created this universe.every thing has its age.surely the age of the universe is desreasing.

The basic reason that earth revolves around the sun is of course due to the gravity but as per einstein this gravity of sun tends to change the shape of the plane in which earth is rotating. Imagine a big plane and a heavy sun when placed in the center changes the shape of the plane due to gravity just that of hammock when it is empty and thereafter when a person sleeps in it. When the toilet is flushed notice how the water goes round before it finally goes into the pipe. If the conditions are kept such that the water does not actually flow in it will keep orbiting the center. Same analogy applies to that of the earth and sun.
(sorry but i cannot find a better analogy right now)

So it is not just the gravitational force but also the space curve it causes that brings out the interactions of the bodies we see.

For the second question there also a theory of oscillating universe where the big bang and big crunch follow each other. There have been unimaginably huge black holes discovered in the universe that go on gulping everything that comes in its way reducing it to a point called quantum singularity and keep growing bigger . Maybe some of them coming togather can cause a big crunch. I don't know. what say ?

Do watch discovery channel when they show stuff on astronomy.you will clear your concepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back