Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question for 2.4GHz transceiver ATR2406

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyan71

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good afternoon everyone,

I am currently reading the datasheet of ATR2406. I found that its TX_OUT pin is connected to VBATT via a microstrip structure. Does anyone know:

1. What the purpose for TX_OUT (pin20) to be connected to VBATT;
  2. what the VBATT value supposed to be(1.5V?3V? or what)
  3. Why the microstrip structure is applied between the TX_OUT and VBATT connection.

I have attached the datasheet. Please refer to page 17 for the circuit diagram and connections.

Thanks a lot for the helps.

Regards

Yang :-D

Attachments

• 2406 datasheet.pdf
    793.3 KB · Views: 80

TX_Out is an open drain pin. The drain is connected to Vbat using a microstrip inductor/choke.
From the drain (TX_Out) the output signal is routed through a LPF to the antenna.
Vbat according to the spec in this case, is between 3.2V and 4.6V, and supplies only the last TX stage.
The ustrip between TX_Out and Vbat is a printed (meander) inductor.

Reactions: yyan71

yyan71

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
TX_Out is an open drain pin. The drain is connected to Vbat using a microstrip inductor/choke.

The ustrip between TX_Out and Vbat is a printed (meander) inductor.

Thank you very much vfone for your guidance. I will follow your ideas and dig it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back