Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about z-transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

liao0009

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one can show what is the relationship between H(z) and H(-z) using mathematical expression and graphs of spectra? Similarly H(z) and H(z^2)?
H(z) is the z-transform of h(z), where h(z) could be any function.

r u testing for the odd and even properties of the z-transform in the first case ?

Hi deepu_s_s,
actually i am doing a split band coding in a speech project, the z-transform of the lower band and upper band filter must satisfy the relationship of
upperband{H(z)}=lowerband{H(-z)}
in order to cancel the aliasing at the end,
thus i am trying to see what is the mathematical relationship between them, it will be clear if we can show it with a spectra graph, but currently i am confused about it.
for example, by X_lower(z)=H(z^0.5)*X(z), we are performing decimation, but what is means by U{H(z)}=L{H(-z)} I am not quite sure.

Hi mathuranathan, I am sure in a two channel split band coding it is required that H1(z)=H0(-z) to achieve alias free.
I guess the best way to conclude is the maginitude of H(-z) is similar to that of H(z), but shifted to left by pi. It could be verified by substituting z with j*w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back