Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about TVP5150 PAL decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

raychenchina

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A question about TVP5150

hi, I use TVP5150 as decoder, a composite PAL video as TVP5150 input siganl connected to AIP1A. FPGA config TVP5150 through I2C bus. I follow the datasheet of TVP5150 to send 09h to register 03h.
The I2C communication wave in oscilloscope is right, but the TVP5150 Y output is always FFh.
Who can give me some hints? Thanks!

Re: A question about TVP5150

tv amature is the site u are looking to.

Hi,
I want touse tvp5150 decoder .Does anyone have example programs on tvp5150.
Thanks in advance

For your resolution and definitions you use, there are example configuration data at the end of the sheet.
Check for them...

I want to mention on important registers..
Addresses are x00, x03, x0D..
These registers are used for working IC correctly...

Issues
1. Your input video signal is correct or not? Check your input signal with scope..
TVP5150 may not lock your input signal, SO it can't function and your output will always be xFFh.
2. Your I2C protocol may not be correct. To be sure, write data to some register and read it back.
Or, check your I2C SCL and SDA signals with scope in the same window with 2 channel mode.
3. Write x0C to address 0x03h.
4. Check for register 0x0Dh - Outputs register.
What did you write to this reg. Which output you want? Make sure you didn't write reserved values...

Other registers are not so important while working IC basically, in your first step I mean.

Hope it helps..
Ilgaz

Hi,
I am using tvp5146 decoder.I dont know the output frame rate?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back