Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about this OPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjxcom

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all: this is a three stage OPA, now I have a question:

please look at the OPA in the attachment, In this OPA, when we design this OPA, we assume the third output voltage swing is 0.5v-4.5v.

But if we assume the output voltage swing is 0.5v-4.5v, how to confirm the voltage swing of the second stage? or say, what is the best value of the voltage swing of the second stage?

What's the power supply? Actually, the output swing of second stage should be (0.5+VthQ8) - (4.5 + VthQ8).

Hi, nxing: the power supply is VDD. In fact, the source of Q10,Q11,Q5,Q6 connect the VDD.

I think I can try to design this OPA by using the output swing of second stage is (0.5+VthQ8) - (4.5 + VthQ8).

Regards!

u can find a similar circuit in
Analog Integrated Circuit Design by Johns and Martin.

The chapter is "Adavanced Current mirrors"(p. 256)

in fact the last stage is a source foller, so the second stage outpiut is VGS high than the last stage

is the thired output stage source follower?

montage2000 said:
in fact the last stage is a source foller, so the second stage outpiut is VGS high than the last stage

yes, the third part is a source follower, so the output swing of this stage will not reach 4.5v, I think it is not right. maybe much lower than 4.5V.

How about the power supply voltage? which process did you use? Maybe the bulk of your nmos can't be connected with the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back