Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A QUESTION ABOUT THE SMALL SIGNAL MODEL OF THE IMPROVED WILSON CURRENT MIRROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

pablomarco

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a question about the small-signal model of the Improved Wilson Current mirror.

iwcm.png

First of all, RL represents the resistance that is seen when we look up through the drain of M4.

I am confused about the G3 node because as can be seen in the small-signal model, the G3 node has been represented as if it was connected to the source of M4(Drain of M1) so the equation continues with rds1 // (RL+ 1/gm4).

To be honest, I personally think that it should have been written as RL // (rds1+ 1/gm4) since the G3 node is connected to the drain of M4(Gate of M4).

Could you please tell me If I am wrong?

Kind regards,
Pablo Marco

Hi everyone again and sorry for bothering you.

I still could not answer my question by myself so I would like to try my chance again to get an answer from the community :)

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Pablo Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.