Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about the book writed by Razavi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjxcom

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, from the book "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits“writed by Razavi, in page 122, under the figure 4.30, there have a sentence:"To calulate the gain from.......writing ID1=gm1*(Vin,CM-Vp), ID2=gm2*(Vin,CM-Vp)" I think this two equation is not right. We know ID=1/2*K*(Vgs-Vt)^2, and we calulate that the gm should be K*(Vgs-Vt), i.e. gm=K*(Vgs-Vt). so I think ID should be 1/2*K*(Vgs-Vt), i.e. ID=1/2*gm*(Vgs-Vt), i.e. ID1=1/2*gm1*(Vin,CM-Vp) rather than ID1=gm1*(Vin,CM-Vp) that writed by Razavi

各位,我有一个问题: 在Razavi的书中,第122页的图4.30下面一段,Razavi写道:To calulate the gain from.......writing ID1=gm1*(Vin,CM-Vp), ID2=gm2*(Vin,CM-Vp)。我对这个公式有些怀疑:根据饱和区电流公式:ID=1/2*K*(Vgs-Vt)^2,我们可以得到跨导gm=K*(Vgs-Vt)。所以漏电流应该是ID=1/2*gm*(Vgs-Vt), 而不是ID1=gm1*(Vin,CM-Vp)。

I do not know if my idea is correct. I think I can get help from here.

"ID=1/2*gm*(Vgs-Vt)" is not correct to used in small signal analysis, ID=gm*Vgs is the small signal current in MOS. Please read the chapter 2 of Razavi 's book.

Hi,
Razavi uses ID for both large and small signal currents. this is a little confusing sometimes. the gm in the equation clearly implies that the curret he is referring to is the small signal current.
hope this helps.

Gm is an parameter that shows an ability converting the voltage between Gate and source to the current (in the small signal condition), that is just what Gm means:Gm=dIds/dvgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back