Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about NC_Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjxcom

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a fresh man to use Cadence NC_Launch. Now there has a error when I use NC_Launch to simulation Verilog code, the error is :
ncsim: error while loading shared libraries: libudm.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ncverilog: *E,SIMERR: Error during Simulation (status 127), exiting.

I do not know why this error occured?

u must set path for all librarys and create hdl.var and cds.var in same directory where ur runing nclaunch
then do compile>elab>snapshot

this is ld library path set error, nc can't find where has libudm.so. so you frist goto nc install path, then

$> find / -name libudm.so -print <cr>
Append the <path> directory of libudm.so into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment. If there are mutiple findings, then choose the appropriate one to use for.

Hi, aravind: I had already copy cds.lib and hdl.var file to the directory which I setup nclaunch. at the same time, I add a sentence in the cds.lib file:
DEFINE /my project ./work.
but the nclaunch still give me a error.

wjxcom said:
Hi, aravind: I had already copy cds.lib and hdl.var file to the directory which I setup nclaunch. at the same time, I add a sentence in the cds.lib file:
DEFINE /my project ./work.
but the nclaunch still give me a error.
As other poster noted, this is an issue with your LD_LIB Path setting, try his suggestion. In general, it should be in:

$CDS_INST_DIR/lib, $CDS_INST_DIR/inca/lib (or some thing similar).

HTH
Ajeetha
www.novedv.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back