Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about how to use Protel DXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjx197733

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am a fresh man to design circuit. I want to know how to place testpoint in Protel DXP schemetic?

Re: A question about how to use P*otel DXP

wjx197733 said:
Hi all, I am a fresh man to design circuit. I want to know how to place testpoint in P*otel DXP schemetic?
I would like to find out this too!
Currently, I make the testpoint as a new component and just use a pad in the PCB to make it looks like a testpoint. I wonder if this is the correct method or not! :|

A question about how to use P*otel DXP

I do not think this is a correct method. Have you finished a board by this way?

Re: A question about how to use P*otel DXP

wjx197733 said:
I do not think this is a correct method. Have you finished a board by this way?
No! Not yet!
I'm still in the process of designing the PCB. :|

Testpoints are established in the PCB editor, not the schematic. However, you can set a "net class" in the schematic for each of those nets that require a test point. You would place a schematic text label for each testpoint for documentation.

A design rule would then be set in Design>Rules>Testpoint>Testpoint Usage for the net class you designated in the schematic. A design rule check would flag the nets that don't have an exposed test point. You would then place a via or pad on the required nets, and the pad or via "testpoint" top or bottom type would be checked for those manually placed testpoints.

Testpoints are manually placed because the software cannot determine in advance what points on a given net are going to be accessible from the side of the board from which you will want to measure.

A question about how to use P*otel DXP

I see now! House_Cat, do you use Protel_DXP to design circuits?

I see now! House_Cat, do you use Protel_DXP to design circuits?

Yes, I've used Pr0tel/@ltium products for many years.

I also use several other design products as customers require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back