Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about how to program a robot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We have a new assignment.
A plane is square-shaped, it looks like a chessboard with white guideline. We have to program my robot to follow a pre-programmed road on this plane.

First, my robot have some sensors to realize the guideline.
Second, It have to go as we want.

Can you recommend us some internet links related to this topic.
Secondly, can you offer us some tips, hints or algorithms such as, how many sensors we have to have (min), etc.

thank you beforehand!

Hi man,

EPE Magazine have a compelete article for build like this robot with Schematics,PCB and Software.
But i don't remeber what is the issue now.

I will look for it.

Bye

The Brainibot Buggy is EPE issue February 2003

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

hey semiconductor ...

If it is a pre-programmed path then it will be a bit easy for u to make it work.

If the path is supposed provided on a board ...as u say ... and is white in color ...then the *brainibot* cud be programmed to identify that path with tilting the LDR a little bit in the bottom direction .. facing the path
but the rest of the board shud be black ..and i feel there shud be a light source above the board to make the white path really reflect into the LDR.

Or better yet to make a more robust design .... use a 12/16 pin PIC rather than the 8 pin one used in the *brainibot* and with the more memory available u can implement any optical recognition algorithm from AI or ANN into the PIC and make it work to follow that white path ....

Though i welcome some comments on how the circuit will be modified in introducing this largetr pin PIC.

plz reply for any further disussion ... :)

Hi semicondutor,

Here your robot

Line Follower Robot

Movie1 **broken link removed**

Movie2
**broken link removed**

You will find schematics + hex codes.

Bye
SphinX

FoxyRick said:
The Brainibot Buggy is EPE issue February 2003

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

Can you give me a direct link to download this issue. Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back