Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about co-polarization and cross-polarization

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgcatz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
co-polarization

When i read papers about the antennas , I often see that the co-polarization and cross-polariazation in the same one radiation pattern plotting . SO I can't know it ! Generally ,we plot E-plane radiation pattern with "theta " changing and H-plane radiation pattern with "phi" changing ,but what does the co-po and cross-po mean in one plotting?who can tell me ? Thanks a lot

unkarc

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
co polarization

Hi,

You can find info on your question at URLs like
https://www.ethertronics.com/assets_f/Antenna Terms and Definitions Rev A 0120031.pdf on Page 4:

""Co-polarization: Co-polarization is the polarization in which the antenna is intended to radiate.
Cross-polarization: Cross-polarization discrimination is the measure of discrimination to oppositely polarized electromagnetic waves (e.g. the discrimination that a vertically polarized antenna has to horizontally polarized radio waves or the polarization orthogonal to a specified reference polarization). When plotted along with the principal plane pattern of the antenna on a relative dB scale, cross-polarization discrimination is simply the difference between the co-polarized level and the cross-polarized level in any given direction.""

See also
**broken link removed**
https://cellphones-accessories.com/pcsantenna.html

rgds, unkarc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor