Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about buck circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

wei9321

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as the picture:
we know the RL circuit current curve discharging and charging is exponentional fuction rising and downing,but in buck ,when swich on and off ,the current curve is ramp fuction
why?
thanks !

Attachments

• BUCK.JPG
    BUCK.JPG
    4.1 KB · Views: 111

becouse of laws of conservation of energy...

lcr is not nulled by a diode just half dampened

capacitance is all around 1

and 1/ internal resistance of the cell dictates

infact 1/ (1/.404)

is the reactance... of this cell circuit:p

so missing 0,596 is your missing ?:cry: or .6 of 1 - loss in atomic friction as heat in a perfect system / latent heat

((in+i)/(out-o)) = ((input-o) / (output+i)) in a perfect system

but you must * .96 for a start to get rid of loss from latency

than / .707 to factor a perfect diode in

so 1 v all over can at max/min only equal .596 input
so 0.596 volts drop at 1ma

Last edited:

Ignore the reply above - it is complete b0ll0cks.

The current rise is exponential - you just aren't waiting long enough so you are seeing the relatively straight part of the exponential curve. di/dt=V/L. If you have a resistor in there then the voltage drops as the current rises. That is what causes the exponential current rise. If you only look for a short time, before the volts drop across the resistor is significant, the current rise will almost be a straight line.

I can do a couple of simulations later to illustrate it if it will help.

Keith

A capacitor should be added at the output node of the Buck. In a steady state, the output voltage is constant if voltage ripple is supposed small enough. Then when the switch is turned on, the voltage drop on the inductor is VIN-VO. Here, VIN is the input voltage, and VO is the output voltage. According to di/dt=(VIN-VO)/L, so di/dt is close to a constant. When the switch is off, di/dt=(0-VO)/L=-VO/L, the slope is close to a constant too if the voltage drop on diode is neglectable.

i have a another question
we know the fuction of L is to store energy
if we add a capacitor at output,the coverter output is like a L-c filter
can we see the L as a filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.