Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about 2-1-1 1bit MASH Sigma-Delta adc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdhp

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I met a question in the designing the mash sigmadelta adc.

In my design, it is a 2-1-1 mash, every stage has 1-bit flash. I use the scaling factor as in book(cascade sigma delta adc for sensor and telecom).

I have finished the schematic, and is doing the spectre simulation for top. I simulate for 250u, and get the output data, do fft in matlab.
A problemn is arised. If i use the output data from 50u~160u, its snr is about 79dB, as with my expection. If i use the output data from 50u~180u, its snr is only about less than 60db. And if i use the data from 180u~250u, its snr is also ok, is about 79dB.

So i think the data from 150u ~170u is not correct. But what is the reasons?
What is the root course?

The results of fft results is as the figure attachment.

can some give some suggestions?
By now, i think maybe it is due to the opamp stability.
Can someone give some?

Thanks

It cannot be a circuit issue since the data is good between 50us and 160us and then again between 180us and 250us... **unless** you have a reset condition due, for instance, to overloading.
What happens if you take the fft between 70us and 180us (i.e. the same amount of data as the first good SNR)?

gdhp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks JoannesPaulus for your reply.
As you said, if i use the data from 160u~170u, the fft result is also not correct.
By now, i haven't found the reasons. Whether due to the opamp? or just because simulation data number is not much enough?

Thanks

Added after 2 minutes:

another i only add the sigal with -5dbFs, so overloading should be not happened in theroy.

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back