Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Problem In Interfacin A uController To The Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghassan Al-Mutawa

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am asking for help in a simple problem that makes me mad, i am doing a home project to write to a microcontroller using a visual basic program then the microcontroller check some thing and send an eight bit signal to the visual basic program. the real problem is that when the microcontroller send the signal of 8 bits to the computer i have to do the reading 3 times so i can see some thing appearing, and appear as unicoded char ( arabic charecters ). what i really think is that the 8 bits i am sending goes to the uart buffer which is 32 bit wide and goes to the top most of the buffer, i need a hand shaking to get the job done in an apropriate way.

The big question is what are the pins i need to solve this problem ? are they CTS / RTS or i need more than that ?

If you can show me the way or tell me what to do i will be thankfull.

waiting for your reply i am in a bad mood because of this thing.

well i have just read the artical you sent me in the msdn library, the problem is that i am usig visual basic 6 not the c commands, is there any thing better to show me what i want ? plz

i never saw a command DCB in visual basic too

Re: A Problem In Interfacin A uController To The Visual Basi

In VB6, i use MSCOMM control to communicate through RS232 port. You seem to have something wrong with the communication algorithm between your uC and PC. You may use a (Header byte) to start every single communication packet and use a fixed no. of bytes per packet. Also, it's good to add some packet checksum byte to be sure data is received correctly.

All of this can be done in the mode of No-Control signals (Only Tx, Rx & GND) signals required for successfull communication.

Contact me if u need any help.

Re: A Problem In Interfacin A uController To The Visual Basi

Here Is The Software I Have Developed

Please Test It And Tell Me Whats Wrong

**broken link removed**

hope one of you can fix the problem

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor