Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a problem in equality of switch_capacitor with resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

akbarza

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
my problem is in proving that resistance can be replaced by switch_capacitor.
in attached file, in page 46 in fig b:
suppose from last step the voltage of cs is VB.
Now when s1 is connected, at end of this s1-connected step, we will have I1.t1=cs.(VA-VB)
IN next step S2 connected with noting that in this step initial voltage of capacitor is VA, then we will have in end of S2-connected: I2.t2=cs(VB-VA)
with t1=t2=T/2, then result: I1-I2=cs.(VA-VB)/T/2
MY PROBLEM IS THIS 2?
Can you explain to me where i am wrong? is this 2 extra?
thanks

Moderator action: removed attachment because it is clearly marked as copyrighted and must not be distributed without permission

Last edited by a moderator:

look at this

the only real difference between the switched capacitor as resistor in your question
and that in the wiki article is the use of frequency (f) or period (T)

i think the issue is the definition of T
you appear to have broken T into t1 and t2, the times for each switch
since t1 = t2 = T/2, the 2 was introduced by using the time for a switch instead of the period

hi
my problem is in proving that resistance can be replaced by switch_capacitor.

Just one comment to the above referenced wiki-contribution: The first diagram (figure) is misleading.
This circuitry with one capacitor and two switches is not able to mimic a resistor. This is because there can be no current through the circuit because it is open at the output. Both nodes - input and output - need a fixed and defined potential.
Hence, a behaviour like a resistor requires at the output node either (a) a voltage source or (b) a very large capacitor or (c) ground or (d) virtual ground (most popular method; inverting opamp node).

Last edited:

akbarza

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.