Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem dealing with RF power amlifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mona.rosa

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have faced a problem and would like to ask if you would possibly do me a favour. I have an electronic device named RF power amplifier 315 MHZ (made in China-PCR1A). The problem is dealing with its range to get the frequency from the receiver. I mean it’s not good enough and I would like to improve its range by replacing some elements-of course if it’s possible!. I also would like to mention that it’s not possible for me to change the whole device. I would appreciate if an expert will help me. I’m really bored out of mind!
Thank you.

Regards,

If u don't have the schematic ... impossible.

Without a schematic is impossible to suggest you to replace some component, however perhaps some kind of help is possible.
Some question:

1. what about the range you reached at present ?
2. are you using an antenna ?
3. what about supply voltage ?
4. what about the range you need and is it outdoor or indoor ?
5. are there obstacle (any kind: walls, trees, etc) in between TX and RX ?

since the actual range depends from both RX and TX antenna gain, you can increase the range just using a long wire (roughly 23.8cm are 1/4 wavelength, however you can try to use longer wires)

Without a schematic is impossible to suggest you to replace some component, however perhaps some kind of help is possible.
Some question:

1. what about the range you reached at present ?
2. are you using an antenna ?
3. what about supply voltage ?
4. what about the range you need and is it outdoor or indoor ?
5. are there obstacle (any kind: walls, trees, etc) in between TX and RX ?

since the actual range depends from both RX and TX antenna gain, you can increase the range just using a long wire (roughly 23.8cm are 1/4 wavelength, however you can try to use longer wires)

Hi
Thank you for you reply. To answer to your questions:

1- Nearly 20 m
2-Yes
3- 5 V
4- 50 m or more- Both indoor and outdoor
5-For sure yes!

I'm looking forward to seeing your reply. :)

Regards,

Hi,
I think you are using an rf module... Not an rf power amplifier... And also i dont think that it consist of user replacable parts... All you can do is to change the antenna design... As per the manufacturer you can extend the range up to 100 m if you are using it in outdoor without any obstacles in between.... There are ready made antennas available in the market if you are not able to design one... Just google for it...

Hi,
I think you are using an rf module... Not an rf power amplifier... And also i dont think that it consist of user replacable parts... All you can do is to change the antenna design... As per the manufacturer you can extend the range up to 100 m if you are using it in outdoor without any obstacles in between.... There are ready made antennas available in the market if you are not able to design one... Just google for it...
Hi
Thank you for your reply. yes you're right but as you know those antenna are really expensive. Honestly, we're going to offer an affordable and good product. :)

Hi,

I dont know much about RF antenna design but i can provide you the image of the antenna design used... They generally use the solenoid in middle of the antenna wire to compensate the capacitive reactance.... here is the image of a design... may other members can help you seeing this....

RF WHIP.png

Also try this file link...

**broken link removed**

Regards

Sooraj

Hi,

I dont know much about RF antenna design but i can provide you the image of the antenna design used... They generally use the solenoid in middle of the antenna wire to compensate the capacitive reactance.... here is the image of a design... may other members can help you seeing this....

View attachment 70807

Also try this file link...

**broken link removed**

Regards

Sooraj
Hi,
thank you. :)
our antenna is telescopic and includes 6 segments. and the length is about 9 cm and 41 cm when it's extended.

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

truly, we used different kinds of telescopic antenna, but they hadn't a great difference and we found it useless to use them!

Last edited:

Hi,

Check this link... I found that the transmitter range can be increased by increasing the supply voltage of the the transmitter... generally the voltage range to transmitter is (5V to 12V )... so i think if you increase transmitter voltage you can improve the range.... Note that the receiver must be at 4.5V to 5V and not more than that.... try this out here is the file....

**broken link removed**

Good Luck.

Hi,

Check this link... I found that the transmitter range can be increased by increasing the supply voltage of the the transmitter... generally the voltage range to transmitter is (5V to 12V )... so i think if you increase transmitter voltage you can improve the range.... Note that the receiver must be at 4.5V to 5V and not more than that.... try this out here is the file....

**broken link removed**

Good Luck.

Hi,
Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't open the link! anyway, the transmitter voltage is 12 v and the receiver's is 5 v. So I think this way doesn't work either. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back