Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A problem about layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

longstar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In drawing layout, I see a M1slot, M2slot, M3slot,------,layer. But I don't know how to use them.Could you help me?
thanks
Rgds
longstar

longstar said:
In drawing layout, I see a M1slot, M2slot, M3slot,------,layer. But I don't know how to use them.Could you help me?
thanks
Rgds
longstar

Hi longstar - The Metal slot procedure is for Metal Stress Relief this must be made for releasing stress in every wide metal line. The wide metal line are defined in PDK that your are using.Also slot directions in metal should be parallel in current flow not perpendicular and make sure that it's in staggered style slot to maximize procedure.

In terms of slot Layers I really don't know why you have these in your layer menu.
What technology are you using?

Cheers

flxrouter4400, I am using SMIC0.13um technology.
What is the simple method to slot?

longstar said:
What is the simple method to slot?

I've never used the process technology..but have a look at this simple metal slotting procedure.

Slotting dimension will be based on the Design Rules.

thank you, fixrouter4400
I only want to get a simple and quick method to slot.It's too slow if you use the quick key(shift + c)to slot on a 100um width metal.

longstar said:
thank you, fixrouter4400
I only want to get a simple and quick method to slot.It's too slow if you use the quick key(shift + c)to slot on a 100um width metal.

What I normally do is to make a polygon with the exact slot dimension in small parts with staggered pattern and then copy paste them all together.

Hope this help.

Cheers

hi all,

can any one give idea that which technology is preferable.:?:

thanx.

You means large width metal lines have stress problems , can you clarify this more here.
thanx .
i never think about such concepts .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back