Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A non tesla method of electrical energy tramsmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggnadkarni

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A single wire method....
Subject: Fw: A single wire non Tesla electrical energy transmission technique
An Ungrounded floating electrical point ( totem pole) is connected to a resistor and the other end of the resistor is connected to a floating straight conductor 500 miles long.This is the kind of length used in power transmission.
The time to travel to the end of this conductor and back is roughly 5 milliseconds from resistor end.
The floating electrical point is switching from high voltage to low at the rate 200 Hz with 50% duty cycle,which is inverse of five milliseconds.
My theory is in-spite of everything being floating,there will be consumption of power by the resistor.
Since no ground is used,there will be no shock hazards.So,no transmission towers,transformers or insulators.
Eventually,the 500 mile long transmission line will be a module in each home like a bulk acoustic delay line.

There will be only one single line of the size of a glass fibre getting into the house from outside.
A suboceanic bare single wire can be used to transmit power between continents.No need to import coal from far and wide places.

sounds like you have a source connected to a resistor, connected to a very long antenna

once you connect something to the floating end,
how is it going to do anything but float, without a return?

current is the medium that transfers energy from the source to the load
there is no current if there is no closed loop from source to load and back

maybe you should put a little physics into your suggestion
so maybe it could be evaluated, but off hand, I'd say it won't work

hahaha .. what value is the resistor? - have you heard of the maximum power transfer theorem ... ? ( it's more proven fact than theorem actually )
--- Updated ---

also - whether you like it or not - everything has a volt potential w.r.t. ground or earth ...

Last edited:

1596107207365.jpeg
1596107207365.jpeg

A single wire can be described as transmission line, it's impedance is still determined by capacitance and inductance per length unit, both depending on the distance to ground. Touching a powered single wire will be still hazardous.

Your floating source (DC voltage plus switches) will however transmit no power to the line and load if it's truely floating. Respectively a small amount defined by the parasitic ground capacitance of the source. Any circuit with non-zero dimensions is involving a certain ground capacitance.

When my 4000 volts supply switches at 50 Hz,I see the gold leaves flaring,opening. Due to the flow of charge over 20 metres of length of a copper wire( imagine 2.5 millisecond) and then for zero volts at the source,the leaves collapse to their natural position.
So,the charge /discharge current is continuously happening through the resistor.so,power is consumed by it.

You didn't specify the DC voltage source, hence I assumed it as ideally floating. In this case there's no flow of charge.

If your DC source has hidden ground connection or capacitance to ground, please clarify.

Please refer to my schematic it has a dc source of 10000 volts and two switches to turn the common point of the switches into a totem pole.

I have seen your schematic. It does not clarify if the DC source has any connection to ground or at least capacitive coupling. If not (source ideally floating) the circuit won't source current respectively charge or power to the connected line.

You keep referring to 'Power'.
Power = applied voltage multiplied by the current flowing.
We can see you swap polarity of the voltage with the switches but where does the current flow?
Vanything * Inothing = 0 power.

Brian.

I have seen your schematic. It does not clarify if the DC source has any connection to ground or at least capacitive coupling. If not (source ideally floating) the circuit won't source current respectively charge or power to the connected line.

If I put a voltmeter across the resistor and if it shows voltage in charge /discharge situation,then it is consuming power.
There is no connection with ground but the negative terminal ( zero) of the source.In fact,it was a mosquito killing racket which generates 4000 volts and a zero volts around.so,I was using a screwdriver tip to short it to a fully floating ground.
So,my test is afirmmative.
Thanks.

You keep referring to 'Power'.
Power = applied voltage multiplied by the current flowing.
We can see you swap polarity of the voltage with the switches but where does the current flow?
Vanything * Inothing = 0 power.

Brian.
--- Updated ---

When S1 is on and S2 is off,the charge rushes to the end of transmission line (for 2.5 milliseconds.).so,the current is 10000volts divided by the value of the resistor.
When the totem pole switches go the otherway,the charge on the conductor is drained into the negative terminal of the 10000 vollt source.The backward flow of charge is current again in the reverse direction.
So,both the times,power is consumed in the rsistor.
Here,the resistor depicts the city load.
My mosquito racket test has shown it happening.
My delay line was the voice coil of a speaker with the cone In series with resistor and the other end of the voice coil was connected to goldleaf like electroscope aluminum foil set up.
I could see the leaves flaring and closing with some delay.
Just imagine,the 10000 volts supply is a geostationary satellite
And all the set up is in space.
--- Updated ---

Reply sent.

Last edited:

a long line will have capacitance to earth - if the source has even a very small capacitance to earth then there will be a small impulse current in the res at switching - BUT - still not a low loss / high efficiency way to distribute power - you don't see resistors in transmissions lines ... ( the ones designed to shift power from A to B )

Imagine this way.A 500 mile long transmission bare copper line
Is coiled up and stored in a high rise building right on the outskirts of a city.surely,it has two ends.When avoltage source is connected to one end,the charge flows and takes a certain time to reach the other end.
So,while the charge is flowing ,it is an inductor because of the flow of current.
Once,the current has stopped,it is a capacitor holding the charge.
When the switch S2 is ON and S1 is off,the charge goes back to the 10000 volt supply.
In other words,it is a dual purpose single terminal device.
--- Updated ---

Rely sent.

Hi,

And a current does not necessarily mean a lot of energy transport.

Let's say AC current through a capacitor. It will surely cause voltage.
With a low value series resistor you may see a voltage drop caused by the current. You may measure the voltage drop.
But there is no averaged energy, although there is voltage and there is current. The only thing that really consumes energy is the current measurement resistor.

Klaus

Hi,

And a current does not necessarily mean a lot of energy transport.

Let's say AC current through a capacitor. It will surely cause voltage.
With a low value series resistor you may see a voltage drop caused by the current. You may measure the voltage drop.
But there is no averaged energy, although there is voltage and there is current. The only thing that really consumes energy is the current measurement resistor.

Klaus
--- Updated ---

The resistor is the city load..

There is no connection with ground but the negative terminal ( zero) of the source.
So the source is not floating. Neither is the transmision line, see post #5.

Coiling up a long (1 m, 1 km, whatsoever) single wire "transmission line" will cancel it's transmission characteristic because you remove the ground reference. You can do this with a coaxial (two conductor) line, but not with a single wire.

So the source is not floating. Neither is the transmision line, see post #5.

Coiling up a long (1 m, 1 km, whatsoever) single wire "transmission line" will cancel it's transmission characteristic because you remove the ground reference. You can do this with a coaxial (two conductor) line, but not with a single wire.
--- Updated ---

What is a high tension power line...it is a transmission line...coaxial lines were invented much later when rf became commodity..
When coiled as said in the previous quote,the wave might slow down because of inductive coupling between windings..
I will stop discussing further because this is becoming crackpotting...
--- Updated ---

--- Updated ---

What is a high tension power line...it is a transmission line...coaxial lines were invented much later when rf became commodity..
When coiled as said in the previous quote,the wave might slow down because of inductive coupling between windings..
I will stop discussing further because this is becoming crackpotting...
Further auestioning...talk to nikolateslainventorsclub.com

Last edited:

I understand that you miss the physical theory to analyze the behavior of the single wire line. That's no problem as such. The problem is resistance to advice.

I understand that you miss the physical theory to analyze the behavior of the single wire line. That's no problem as such. The problem is resistance to advice.
--- Updated ---

I look at it as flow of water and the transmission line as mid level tank and the zero voltage point as the final drain point.
I have tried it at home.I do not need anybody’s advice.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.