Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A new device as a "clone" of a standart PDK lib device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbartkovjak

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a bsim model for an nmos device which is very similar (really just some ~200mV Vt shift) to one of the "standard" TSMC PDK lib devices and would like to make a "clone" of that standard PDK device in a separate lib so that all the callback etc. functionality is preserved, but the model is replaced with the new model. I do appreciate any suggestions. Or point me, please, to a particular Cadence short course relevant to this task. The layout p-cell can stay identical (I can add the special implant & LVS recognition layers manually, we already have a DRC/LVS deck for this device). Really just the model name swap is needed.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated!

Peter

[ One option would be to copy the whole library and do the changes you need with your local write permissions. Some of the PDK files might be encrypted, so if you need to do some tweeks, it might add extra work. I think it would be fine with TSMC though. ]

But, since your DRC+LVS is solved already, the - arguably - simplest method would be to select the transistors you want to alter and just

(foreach trans (geGetSelSet) trans~>model="myModel")

and cadence would search for that model instead while simulating. Add your new model to a file in the spectre model search list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back