Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A module to control piezo transducers based on HV2761

Status
Not open for further replies.

barjaktar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am soldiering through a piezo transducer controller based on Microchips's HV2761 IC. The datasheet can be found at:

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/hv2761.pdf

however, the datasheet contains no layout discussion, nor it shows any kind of typical use case. As this is my first time facing this kind of circuitry (piezo actuator controller circuit), I was wandering if there is anything I should specially take care of while routing the PCB?

In that context I posted the question on the Microchip forum, thread available here:

https://www.microchip.com/forums/m988274.aspx

Since nobody responded for a week, I hope you won't mind me cross-posting and repeating the same question here. I will post the link to this thread on that thread also, just in case somebody is interested.

For now, assuming that integrated bleed resistors will sort out the output and that integrated pull-ups of my controller will take care of the digital signals, and also assuming that VPP and VNN (100 V and -100 V) are regulated and brought from outside, am I correct to conclude that, aside from a general 100nF capacitor between VDD_3V3 and GND, no extra components are required for this module to work correctly (of course, connectors will be provided)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.