Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A mini IC Pulse Wave driven tesla coil / emf generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Cullens

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I have disassembled a chinese made handheld fluorescent light / neon tube tester. It looks like a pulse generator with three output wires to a sealed/epoxied box that then would output to a single wire attached to an antenna. I was wondering if anyone on here had any insight on these as i am very curious now. Oh and what is does is allows you to energize the fluorescent bulb when its out of the socket. It glows.

Thanks in advance

Pics below if they will let me attach them.

611.JPG589.JPG590.JPG592.JPG608.JPG613.JPG615.JPG

hi,
it's an inverter circuit which produces high voltage . Basically an oscillator driving a step up transformer (the sealed box )

hi,
it's an inverter circuit which produces high voltage . Basically an oscillator driving a step up transformer (the sealed box )

Ok so what would the connections in the black ox be? There are three input wires from the oscillator The two white wires Ohm out shorted and that leaves the red input. Then there is only 1 output wire which is the other red one that was attached to the antenna. What would a simple schematic of this look?

it could look like this **broken link removed**
It's not a tesla coil. Atesla coil has no magnetic coil. You have step um transformer there. Still if the IC circuit is tuned to operate at the transformers resonance frequency (probably is so), this is working on high efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back