Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A microcontroller development board. Best Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbed

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to buy a microcontroller development board which I would like to use on a long run.

I would like to have a quality development board worth the price. Cost is not a concern.

Last edited:

What MUC family, AVR, ARM, PIC, etc?

What type of apps do you want to develop, robotics, sensor networks, etc?

How can I make a recommendation if I do not know what areas you want to pursue and with what MCU?

By the way, technophilla.com is either down, a typo or out of business.

as you are not concerned about cost I would recommend a Microchip explorer 16
**broken link removed**

It has lots of on board facilities (LEDs, LCD, pot, switches, temperature sensor, etc) and can support a range of PIC24, dsPIC and PIC32 microcontrollers via PIMs (plug in modules)
**broken link removed**

there are a range of daughter boards can be plugged into the board to support USB, Ethernet, WiFi, Canbus, etc etc
**broken link removed**

it needs a programmer - I would suggest an ICD3 which is very fast

Reactions: mbed

mbed

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@horace:Ill consider that too...thanx

Hi,

From your other post in the Business forum wonder if you really want your own
board ?
I am looking for a distributor who can sell development boards of various makes to various colleges and institutes in India

If you have used dev boards you will realise they are only as good as what you want them for at any one time. As the individual develops then so does their hardware needs.

As Horace1 just said, the Microchip dev boards with their add on daugter boards will allow for expansion.

Also see the MikroE boards with thier many add on modules, but also consider the constrains of their software on the hardware boards.

Reactions: mbed

mbed

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
@wp100: Thanx for the suggestion. I am looking forward to buy mikroe board. Any distributor who can sell them in quantity in India?

Last edited:

microchip may be a good choice, try the Microstick from Microchip. **broken link removed**

@arbj: Cool stick from microchip. I was looking for a full fledged development board with peripherals. I have shortlisted EasyPIC from Mikroe and PIC Crush-I from entesla seems to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back