Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Microcontroller based Analogue Waveforms Analyzer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

km

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use tlc 548 adc

:eek: Hi, I am currently doing my final semester project and hope to get some help from here. The purpose of my project is to design, built and test a low-cost electronic system that will analyze the characteristic of analogue waveforms. It must able to measure the frequency, mean value, rms value, peak-to-peak voltage and duty cycle of an analogue waveform.The processed results can be selectively displayed on a LCD screen. The electronic system will be implemented primarily through the use of an analogue circuitry (that will make sure the input voltage falls between 0 to 5V), an A/D converter, a PIC16F628 micro-controller, and a LCD Alphanumeric 20 X 4.
:arrow:
Is it possible to display the results for large input voltage range? ( i.e. -240V-240V) :?:

What additional components OR any circuits do I need to in order to build this project :roll:

I am not allowed to use a built-in ADC PIC in this project, so which type of ADC chip is suitable for me? :idea:

Is there any website that related to my project and where can I find the programming code for my PIC for this project? :!:

Thank you very much!!~ Your help will be truly appreciated :p

Re: A Microcontroller based Analogue Waveforms Analyzer Proj

Hey Friend;

You must redesign input schematic for your requirements (240V :D )

But it will guide your design..

Regards

ASPExpert said:
You must redesign input schematic for your requirements (240V :D )
But it will guide your design..

Thanks for your information!! Friend :wink: But I think that is not what I'm looking for. I am not planning to display out the waveform on the LCD. All I need is only display the results. OH!! Before I forgot, I can't use a built-in A2D PIC in my project :cry: Is TLC 548 (A2D 8-bit resolution) sufficient for my project in order to get accurate results?

8 bits resolution should be enought as most scopes today use such resolution (at very faster rates thought..)
you should look at the sources of the epe project to keep only the frequency measurements and not the display of the waveform.

Hmmm. Yes kripton is right,
frequencymeters may be solve your problem. I didn read your " I am not allowed to use a built-in ADC PIC in this project, so which type of ADC chip is suitable for me" sorry :(

IF I have enough time may design one . if you can't find it until next week we'll design it together ;)

Cya

8O Frequency meters? Is that related to my project? My project is able to measure the frequency, mean value, rms value, peak-to-peak voltage and duty cycle of an analogue waveforms and display those results on LCD.

PS:Have this type of project invented before?

As my project is going to perform considerable calculations on the incoming data - I have to first write a program on the PC to perform these calculations and feed it dummy data, so that from that way I can confirm it works, check what resolution will suffice and see how many samples I need?

How can I do that? What software do I need?

Anyone have the C code for the frequency, peak-to-peak, average, and duty cycle calculations of an analogue waveforms :?:

My project is also going to measure these values for an analogue waveforms 50/60Hz mains using an ADC (TLC 548 8-bit resolution) and a PIC 16F628. What is the sampling rate required? ADC resolution? Computation involved and technique used?
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.