Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A lot of PowerPcb questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I can draw pcb's in powerpcb 4.0 but i don't know some of its features.For example i can't do wire jumpers when i draw it single sided.I can't assign different trace width's.I want to make ground line very thick and spreaded to board.Also holes are still problem.When i define a cam document to print it i can't see holes inside on the pads.Pads are filled.I can draw connections and autoroute easily but for example i feel myself lost of control on design.Please advice me solutions.Thanks.

Analyzer.

hello
you have in your machine the tutorial of power pcb you can find some answers to some questions that you did .

by

Hello Analyzer,
1)The width of the ground trace can be made thicker by just giving the modeless command

"w[desired width]"

while routing for ground net in a single sided PCB.

2)you mentioned that you want to spread ground net on the PCB.
For this i think you should opt for COPPER POURING.Pour the copper on desired layer and assign GROUND net to it.

if you are having a dedicated ground layer(which is the case when you are working on a multilayer PCB)then you can use thermal vias to join copper pour to ground layers.

3)For the holes problem.
i think you can not see holes on the print out.What you can only see is the PAD size for that particular through hole on the layer.
FOR holes a separate print "drill drawing " is taken,which has a table for all the possilble drill holes (and its used symbols) present in the board..

please let me know if you still have problems.

regards....

Hi Wilson,

THank you for your reply.I think i should ask more about topic 2.Would you define more about layers and copper pouring?
It will be very helpful for me.

Analyzer.

Analyzer

Here are the steps for multi-layer.

1) Start a new design and select number of layers.
2) Define layer type as signal, plane or mixed
3) assign signals to the plane layer (i.e. +5V)
4) Draw the borders for each plane layer
5) To connect to the plane drop a via and it will automatically
connect to the correct plane layer.

This should get you started

JerseyD

check this site
**broken link removed**

Hi,

Explore the options,you need to spend sometime doing trial board,sorry to say this,since all the queries you have asked is very clearly answered with examples in help options and tutorials,please cross check it again.

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back