Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A linear transconductance for OTA-C filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

afujian

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just don't understand why the parallel differencial pair can increase the linearity of the OTA, who can tell me why?

When you say "increase" you compare the linearity of two different concepts. Therefore: What is the other design (with smaller linearity) ?

it is a technique of multi-tanh for bipolar linear transconductor.

... why the parallel differencial pair can increase the linearity of the OTA?
Because of the summing of 2 currents from 2 pairs with slightly different - yet controlled - offset voltages (due to the K ratio). Works correctly only with BJTs or MOSFETs in weak inversion. See the visualization in the PDF below:
View attachment multi-tanh-linearization.pdf

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am sorry about the cofusion,I am comparing the singal differencial pair such as Q10 and Q11.

Q10/Q11 isn't a differential pair. Please notice that they are operating on two separate current sources. I think, the explanation in the linked paper is rather graphic.

Q10/Q11 isn't a differential pair. Please notice that they are operating on two separate current sources. I think, the explanation in the linked paper is rather graphic.
OK,I mean to compare with the single differential pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back