Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A hfss simulation problem~

Status
Not open for further replies.

exclaim

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to simulate a monopole by hfss9.2, which excitation should I choose?

I use this softwere for a short time, what's the different between the wave port and lump port?

If I want to simulate a simple monopole 5.5cm long with a 4x10cm ground, how to
draw the structure?

The practical measurement uses the same structure, signal generator connects it through a cable and the SMA connector.

The goal is to verify radiation of the simulation and measurement in a frequency range 1-3Ghz.

If anyone could send me an example, I will very appreciate of it ~

This is a design for a monopole in HFSS 9.0.I hope that you find it helpful.

u can check the hfss manual whcih is posted on the msg board itts really good

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
1. if you use wave port it is sufficent that you define a plane as a wave enterance place . but in the lumped port you should define some parameter .

2. it is better that you consider a cylinderical or cubic box and assigne it as vacum in material section and then define the bottom plane of it as a perfect coductor and draw your stracture in it . then you can consider mentioned box as radiation box .

3. there are some example in HFSS help menu for supply.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back