Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A good metal-detector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaarel

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good metal detector scheme

Has anyone a scheme/circuit for a good metal detector?

geotech metal detector

This one is maybe a little bit oldfashioned, but it is really brilliant:
Magnum Metal Detector
**broken link removed**
Good luck in hunting treasure ..
rgs
IanP

cgi-in-->cgi-bin
**broken link removed**

Thanks HUNTER,

The correct link is:
h**p://www.thunting.com/cgi-bin/geotech/pages/common/index.pl?page=metdet&file=/projects/magnum/index.dat
Besides this error, all other stuff on this metal detector is true ..

IanP

Hi, my Magnum is sitting in the corner of my room even now, ready to go! It's easy to build and still makes all but costly commercial units look silly.

It's probably still the best DIY one available, given that it uses common parts and has full instructions with PCB layouts etc.

I did a slight mod when I built mine, about 15 years ago. The plumbing pipe on mine fully surrounds the main box, with a 'T' junction below the box. This adds strength. The handle is a shaped part of this, with another 'T' that has a switch/meter box on the end. Makes it much easier to read and use.

If anyone's interested, I'll try to take a picture later and post it here. I also have the original plans (in booklet) with the extra modifications mentioned in the above site.

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back