Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A circuit to make a black list for telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

charkhkar

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanna a simple circuit when you dial a special tel number on your phone, the connection cannot be held. To say it more simpler the circuit should allow us to lock some outgoing tel numbers, like a outgoing black list numbers! does any one have any idea? i'm not familiar with telephone systems and i have no idea to start from where :|

I guess it's for a classic (wired) telephone. In this case you need a DTMF receiver (MT8870 or other), a microcontroller (AVR/PIC/8051...), a transistor and a relay.
The relay contacts should be connected in series with the telephone.

When the number is dialed, the uC reads the DTMF receiver and if the number it's not accepted, it will activate the relay and disconnect the telephone. This has the same effect like putting the receiver on hook and abandoning the call. After this, everything is reseted to the initial state.

In some countries it's illegal to connect homemade circuits to the public telephone system.

charkhkar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can solve your problem as Eugen_E has mentioned, you need to have knowledge for these things.

thank you Eugen_E, actually i'm a newbie. I try to make my hands on the circuit, thank you for your help

Better use MT8888. It can both receive and dial dtmf codes.

But you need knowledge about any one of the micros to ineterface it

Better luck

Nandhu

charkhkar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back