Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A 2.4GHz Oscillator and Mixer Integrated Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godspeed_zwh

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am trying to do some simulation on the cuicut below which is used in speed measuring radar.
After the power up, the oscilator works and transmits 2.4GHz(maybe) signal, after hits some moving object, the return signal mix with the orignal signal in the mixer,and a low frequency can be got, so the speed can be calculated.
pcb.JPG the transistor may be 2sc3585 or 2SC4228
But when I simulate with ADS, the oscilation can not be got.
View attachment oscillator_mixer_2GHz_prj.rar

could you help me to solve this problem

First I would suggest you put the circuit on a uniform PCB. Try :
https://www.expresspcb.com/
Cheap and quick.

Do the layout in Momentum. Get the right er for the PCB for the simulation. Remember that
when you put rigid coax cables as Stubs you will have to play around with them because you
can not simulate their effects in ADS, and using HFSS will take a long time if you do not know
how to us it.

Good luck
(I no longer have ADS installed so I can't look at your file)

but,in this circuit, the coax cables just play as an antenna, so in the osc simulation, we can put a 50ohm resistor in that place.
I know circuit simulation is not exact, but we can do this to get it work, and then do em simulation to make it work rightly.
the problem i meet is the circuit didn't work whatever method i use, base on this topology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back