Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9800GTX+ with power supply problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielKaaos

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My previous thread was closed: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/ne...te-9800gtx-gv-n98xp-512h-b-video-card.388539/

Here it is the video card with blown BA8E2E IC(for which I did not find information what it is) and few other pasive components.

Also one of the power connectors is shorted between the pins. My question is: can I rework the power supply of the video card(I have some electronics and soldering skills) so it uses only one power connector(on half power) and what is the BA8E2E IC?

Here are photos I have taken: (moderator action: removed link to external file server)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Please mark the problems in red.

The short between the pins should not be a problem. The IC has to be replaced and it might be proprietary. All I found is a honda wiring diagram suggesting that this IC has something to do with the cooling fan.

In fact the IC is 4468, which is a MOSFET = )

The video card has 4 phases for the GPU and two for the VRAM. I would like to remove two of the four phases of the GPU. Any sources/info for how to do that?

The playing is fun, but it would be better to buy a new card. I don't know how you can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back