Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about oxide thickness parameters in BSIM4 model

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilguy

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using BSIM4 model for my simulation. I've notice there are 3 parameters in BSIM4 that represent oxide thickness. The parameters are TOXE which is electrical oxide thickness, TOXP which is physical oxide thickness and DTOX which is the difference of TOXE and TOXP. Can someone tell my what the different between TOXE and TOXP.

my second question is, if i want to introduce variation in the oxide thickness which parameter i have to vary. either one or both. Thanks.

toxe toxm

evilguy said:
I'm using BSIM4 model for my simulation. I've notice there are 3 parameters in BSIM4 that represent oxide thickness. The parameters are TOXE which is electrical oxide thickness, TOXP which is physical oxide thickness and DTOX which is the difference of TOXE and TOXP. Can someone tell my what the different between TOXE and TOXP.

my second question is, if i want to introduce variation in the oxide thickness which parameter i have to vary. either one or both. Thanks.

TOXE= Electrical thickness which the value is taken from CV measurement- extract from the good fitting of the measured data.

TOXP= Physical thickness is actual grown thickness- measured from TEM image...

If you want to introduce oxide variation, you should use TOXM(TOXE at which other BSIM4 parameters are extracted)...

toxe vs toxp

As the gate oxide thickness is vigorously scaled down, the finite charge-layer thickness can not be ignored , BSIM4 models this effect into account. For this purpose, BSM4 accepts two of the following three as the model inputs: the electrical gate oxide thickness TOXE1, the physical gate oxide thickness TOXP, and their difference DTOX = TOXE - TOXP. Based on these parameters, the effect of effective gate oxide capacitance Coxeff is calculated.

Pravin

bsim4 variation

thanks. so in order for me to investigate the variation of oxide thickness, i have to varies TOXE and TOXP in similar way so that the difference between these two still equal to dtox?

Re: BSIM4 model Question

please any body can explain, how to use bsim4 in hspice like bsim4 is in c-code. ! how to simulate it and extract the parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back