Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

9600 baud rate modem IC Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wql

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am currently using a MX614P IC chip for my modulation and demodulation of the signal. But this chip is only cater for 1200 bps. So just want to ask is there an IC from the MX614 family that caters for 9600 bps? If there are no similar IC from MX614 family, is any any recommendation that I can use?

Thanks.

Regards.

MX614P based modem comes with 2 versions of firmware.. One to support 1200 baud rate and other to support 9600..

get the firmaware to support your requirement and flash it

MX614P based modem comes with 2 versions of firmware.. One to support 1200 baud rate and other to support 9600..

get the firmaware to support your requirement and flash it

Hi,

When u mean get the firmware, do u mean by re-programming the chip? Or is there another version of MX614P chip that caters for 9600 bps which I can purchase? Thanks.

Regards.

You can change the firmware, you can change the processor, you can change the interface circuits, and still don't work very well at 9600.
This mainly due the integrated equalizer and RX and TX filters, which have some hard limits.

Reactions: Wql

Wql

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can change the firmware, you can change the processor, you can change the interface circuits, and still don't work very well at 9600.
This mainly due the integrated equalizer and RX and TX filters, which have some hard limits.

Hi, so what you meant is that I should either build one or purchase another modem IC which works well at 9600 bps? I would prefer to purchase another one since my circuit board has only a very small space for it. Is there any good modem IC out there which works well at 9600 bps and has the same function as the MX614P?

And just to ask one more question, does anyone knows what is the data rate range the alinco DJ- C7 and alinco DJ S45 E transceiver can handle? Thanks.

From my knowledge there is no FM transceiver to work with a 9600 bps input, if there is not a specific input for this datarate, or without making an internal modification.
This modification (Audio LPF and FM deviation changes) generally is not hard to do, but require some understanding of the schematic used.
One thing to remember, the FM voice communication it will not work anymore after the mod.

Hi again,

Thanks a lot. I need to double-check if the baud rate is 9600 bps cause I was told that it is that figure but at the same time, in the manual it states 1200 bps instead. So there is some confusion. I will post again once I have clear the confusion. Thanks again.

Regards.

Neazoi, you only asked many various questions, and seldom answered other's questions, I am just curious.

Reactions: vfone

vfone

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Neazoi, you only asked many various questions, and seldom answered other's questions, I am just curious.

Asking questions help others solve their own questions without having to re-ask.
How should a question be answered, if no-one asks this question?
Unfortunately, my time is limited to usually answer others questions and I only do it when I can.
However, sometimes, throughout a thread I open, new questions arise from other members, and some times with the help of other members, I have answered my own questions.
What is the point in your question?

Back to the topic, I am not sure if the output signals of this circuit are audio tones or just voltage levels fed to a demodulator or directly to a varactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back