Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

900MHz RFID antenna using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger_ads

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dipole rfid 900mhz

hi guys
i have confused by setuping port type in ADS momentum. by help document, i can define the port as differential type , and associate each other. but i can't do it with my dipole antenna, illustrating as following:
i can simulate it with internal port type, but i can't decide which type should i use?
another question, this RFID is encapsuled with PVC, and the antenna is printed on PET(a very thin "paper"), i set the substrate as follow:
////freespace////
////PVC/////
///stip cond///
///PET////
///PVC///
///freespace///
am i right?

thanks

ads rfid antenna

please upload your project file.

Reactions: STANIS

STANIS

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ads rfid

tiger_ads said:
hi guys
i have confused by setuping port type in @DS momentum. by help document, i can define the port as differential type , and associate each other. but i can't do it with my dipole antenna, illustrating as following:
i can simulate it with internal port type, but i can't decide which type should i use?
another question, this RFID is encapsuled with PVC, and the antenna is printed on PET(a very thin "paper"), i set the substrate as follow:
////freespace////
////PVC/////
///stip cond///
///PET////
///PVC///
///freespace///
am i right?

yes your right, but port setting as follow;
in dipole antenna design port_1 "Port Type" ought to internal, port_2 "Port Type" setting to "Ground Refernce"...."Associate with port number" Assign to "1" (<= port_1)..

you can run it...

thanks

900mhz rfid

It is very difficult to comment based on fig. you have attached.
attach your ADS project files.so that we will try in helping you.

thanks for your help!!
the two project is different, but for one type RFID, i just want to know their input impedance. the layout 2 can be defined as differential port type, but the layout1 can't , there is always an error!
and i want to know, which port type should i define so that i can get the actual input impedance? differential or internal plus ground refference? the result is different from each other!

Yes, i have set the port 1 as an internal and port 2 as a Ground Reference, and it works. But remember the you have to set the port's impedance to be complex due the RFID chips are different than 50ohms

To Buenrostro:

I have tested your suggestion,but the result is error
your port`s define is right,but two port cannot define as photo,i do not know how to define the ports,can you tell me?

kspalla said:
You need to consider the interface between antenna to the circuit, which is missing here.

Do i consider the interface between antenna to the circuit?

Why???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back