Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

90-degree 2-way splitter or hybrid -- low frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, can somebody recommend a 90-degree 2-way splitter which is connectorized and which works down close to DC?

I've been looking for manufacturers and I can't seem to find anything that goes below 1 MHz? I'd like to be able to use a 90-degree at around 10 kHz ...

Any thoughts on how I may be able to accomplish it otherwise?

Thank you!

It is impossible get the 90 degree difference splitter at DC. Closing to DC is difficult if not impossible due to large c and L values required. However, you can use a ps to build it:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
None is at 10k or below 1m you asked

you can use several resistors to build a divider, then build a 90 deg phase shifter.

tony_lth great idea
16 ohm res will give u divider...
and l and c will move phase!!!

I don't understand the solution. A 90° splitter is intended as a lossless (in matched case) device. As said, it's not feasible at audio frequencies. The best lossless impedance matched splitter at low frequencies (not DC) would be a transformer, in my opinion.
A resistive splitter in contrast will work downto DC, but has losses. If you don't require a constant transmission factor and impedance matching at low frequencies, then a combination would be feasible. 90° phase shift at low frequency would still require large LC values.

Thanks everybody who responded -- currently I gave up on finding a 90-degree splitter at < 1 MHz; if there were any they either had very bad phase or amplitude unbalance.

I've moved the reference level to 10 MHz -- can somebody recommend a 90-degree splitter at this frequency? The reason that these frequencies fluctuate is because of the matching with the acquisition card/capability.

Thank you!

**broken link removed**

Very nice -- now if only they had this connectorized ;-)

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Answered my own question -- turns out you can buy the surface mount component and the evaluation board straight from them....

Thanks!

how about using in-phase divider followed by OPA 90 degress phase shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back