Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8bit LVDS driver board to 6 bit LVDS LCD driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudjung

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

If I have 8 bit LVDS controller board with 4 lane of data and 1 clock line. LCD that I have has 3 lane of data and one clock lane. Can I just skip the last data lane when connecting the driver board to the LCD. From the datasheet of the driver board, the last lane is encoded data for "R6,R7,G6,G7,B6,B7,RESERVED". For the other 3 lane the data of the driver board seem to be the same as waht assign on the LCD.

I have the LCD but don't have the driver board yet. I found this driver board and want to make sure it will work with my lcd before purchase this.

Thanks,
Kudjung

Hi,

yes it does work, you just can let this lane unconnected.

see spec
**broken link removed**
chapter 5.4.1 last sentence

regards

Reactions: kudjung

kudjung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Kudjung, I was thinking the same thing today and found your post after a goggle ! I dis-assembled an old laptop and the display has a 4channel lvds controller which uses a DS90c385. I've also got the controller board from an old lcd with a TSUM56 AK-LF. The pinouts for the latter show that it is dual channel. . . I'm in the process of hooking some cables up to where the ds90c385 used to sit and I'm going to mess around to see what images can be obtained. Let me know how you get on. I'm wondering how 8bit (4ch) data will work on a 6bit (3ch) decoder !!??!! Anyway, good luck !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back