Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89c51 programmer problem with burning 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijitroy.in

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89c51 programmer problem

anyone who made M asim kamal 89c51 programmer ver.2 can help me rectify my problem burning 89c51. It only burns 0000 and i cant erase it .
It can read from the chip without any problem. but it dosent burn any data.

email-abhijitroy.in@gmail.com

Re: 89c51 programmer problem

1. Did you set the right programming frequency? Usually you perform a read from the MCU because your programmer will get the frequency set to your MCU. If not, you can set the progamming frequency not more than 1/4 of the operating frequency of your MCU. Say if you designed it to work at 8MHz, the programming frequency in this case less than 2MHz.

2. Did you select the right assembled/linked file in Hex format to be programmed/flashed into the MCU?

3. If you are using an external memory like Flash or EPROM, did you hardware mapped it to the address space correctly?

4. Have you powered up the target board?

5. Did you set program/verify, base address etc in the programming tool correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.