Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

89C51...a drop-in replacement for 87C51?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seemanta

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can we use the 89C52 directly in place of the 87C52?

I mean the code is 100% compatible I know, however are there
any other caveats I may be ignoring?

And still further, it seems that 89S52 is an enhanced In-System Programmable variant
over 89C52. So, I should be able to replace the 87C52 all the way with 89S52, right?

Is my assumption correct?
Please advise.

regards,
Seemanta

You need to specifiy which derivative are you using.
If you are using AT87C52 and planning to replace it with AT89C52 there would be no difference other than you will have the flexibility of programing the flash chips.There would not be any differences in coding side either.

Have Fun,
Farshid

I did not get what you meant by derivative though.

Do you mean I can use both AT89S51 and AT89C51 as a replacement for the AT87C51?

That would be simply great! :D

regards,
Seemanta

yes you can use the only difference is AT89C51 is a flash device so you can reprogram it

Yes, As I said they are fully pin compatible as well as hardware , they only difference is the ROM type which is flash based in the C series. The S series Also have a watch dog function which comes handy in more serious projects.
You can program the S series with only connecting 4 pins without even removing the chip from your board. This is called In System Programming by Ateml , you can find more about such a DIY programmer here :

Have fun,
Farshid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back