Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 microcontroller help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankit17_ag

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i came to know that 8051 can well b used and programmed to make robots.can any plz tell me where can i get to read more abt this.i would appriciate if some1 can tell me if i can use C language for programming and how.

Yes, 8051 like many microcontrollers like PIC etc can be used to make robots.
8051 is popular because of ease of availability of the device with many versions
(i.e with many combinations of pheripherals and memory) and associated
literature.

Kiel Compiler can be used for cross compiling for 8051 if you want to write your code in C.

hi :)

this is a good book, it is good for beginners,
it depend on the 8051 family microcontrollers. and it describes the keil C compiler www.keil.com
it full by exapmles.(start from blinking LED to creat your own operating system). it called Embedded C you can download it from the next link.

hope this help u, good luck

Ahmed
www.i-g.org

ankit17_ag

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can use any 8-bit controller for making robots. Some people prefer PIC and some AVR. And if your robot is very high end you can go for 16-bit or 32-bit controller. For small robotics application you can go for any 8-bit controller.

hitex has a nice introduction to the keil compiler for 8051 check there site

Searc in the forum "Thomas Schultz - c and 8051"

SDCC will be a nice option if you need a free C compiler

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back