Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 led blinking problem with 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohansinha2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make that project....and i am able to blink leds in constant speed.but that new project i added 555 to controll blinking speed by 100k speed controller.
now how to add that with 8051 by assembly code.plz plz plz help me out

100_1279371099.jpg

plz send me code here

plz send me code here

wouldn't it be easier for YOU if YOU post YOUR code here so others can help YOU to debug YOUR code?

Looks like the 555 is configured to be pulse generator....These pulse can be counted by 8051 by setting it in counter mode & then the counted pulses could be used to control the blinking rate or the LEDs...That would be much easier & it should work...

alternatively, you can just use a pot and adc the voltage on its wiper and use that to control your blinking rate.

it increase and decrease the blinking rate.
the pulse of 555 is adding in 8051 to increase blinking rate.
i configure that circuit. but i am not able to programming it. so anybody can write the exact code here.

Added after 4 hours 30 minutes:

org 0000h
start:
setb P1.0
Clr P1.1
call delay
setb P1.1
Clr P1.0
sjmp start; loooooop forever to start
delay: mov R1,#0FFH
del1: mov R2,#0FFH
del2: djnz R2,del2
djnz R1,del1
ret
end
i nee to add that 555 with that code.
can anyone help me out.................

before you start to run, why don't you figure out how to change the blinking speed of your leds within the code you have?

let's say that you want your code to blink based on variable LED_BLK? and you give you it a different value and your led will blink differently.

so forget about your 555 for now. Try to be able to control the leds' blink speed first.

after that, you can figure out a way to control the value of that variable via other means, like a 555.

but you have to learn to crawl first.

As millwood said correctly, why u want to interface 555, add burden your self with more trouble.

why you want to have external hardware control for your blinking speed, where you can control your speed in your program just by varying wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back