Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 Code part using 89C51

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepjaipur

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
internal rom of 89c51

Hi !

We are working on PABX project based on 8051 (Ph89c51), we are using external EP-Rom 27C010,

We are written our code on "C" and compiler is Frankline, I wanted to part the micro contoller programm and ep-rom program, so when ever we wanted to send the upgrade, we just send the ep-rom.

As per our programmer, they told me that we are unable to part this program due to we are using C Compiler, in ASM it is very easy.

Kindly suggest me, how we can part our code in micro contoller and ep-rom.

We wanted to store very littel code in micro controller and rest all in ep-rom,

We wanted to compile 2 different files each for micro controller and ep-rom.

please help me.

thanks and regards

8051 pabx

Give us the flow chart of the code and which part of the code is stored in the external ROM.

89c51 programming internal flash c-code

Hello

In order to use to sperate program you will need to use function pointer in c language

Also you have to set your C linker to link each program into a differnt memory zone

all the bast

Bobi

89c51 external memory programming

If your 'small' code in the 8051 flash is only a jump to your external EEPROM, then maybe you can make another code start address other than 0x000 for you main program using the compiler's command line parameters. I am not sure with this actually, but who knows? :D

I agree with the pointer solution too.

Just for your information, if i am not mistaken, there are several Atmel AVR ATmegas with flash EEPROM area which can be separated, hence acomodating such code update purpose... CMIIW

writing to flash rom of 8951

On AT89C51 have 8 K flash internal, address from 0000h to 1FFFh. and above this addres must be in external memory EEPROM., so this address from 2000h.

On internal memory your code writing can start address code 0x0000,
ORG 0000h

and external memory code writing with start code 0x2000.
ORG 0x2000h

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back