Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 and DS1302 - RTC stops when selenoid activares

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahsulax

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 and DS1302

I have successfully interface 89C51 + DS1302 + Display + Keypad and a Relay which is driving a solenoid.

Well, the system works fine but sometimes the RTC Time stops intermittently and the clock stops on its own. This peculiar phenomenon occurs especially when I try to actuate a 12V solenoid using Relay's NO Contact. The Ground of the Controller and Solenoid power are common and I am not able to isolate the same as I am required to operate the system on Battery as well in case of mains failure.

Can anybody suggest as to why DS1302 clock stops ? or else some remedial solutions for this problem.

Would be obliged with suggestion to resolve the issue...

Rgds
Sulax

Re: 8051 and DS1302

problem may be associated with solenoid and power supply. try about 100nF capacitor near temp. sensor and MCU and read following page

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.