Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 x 64 LED Dot Matrix Sign board PIC MCU + 74hc595

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasanRobotics

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Finally I built little bigger Dot Matrixs sign board. But still there is lot to improve. At the moment im working on character spacing algorithm.

And also you can see the characters isn't go with the display. Thats because my character Generator is for 5X7 displays not for 8X8.

I'll to post here all of my improvements on this project.

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Download Source Code

Code:
http://www.4shared.com/file/236711056/1b819552/8X64_Source_Codes.html

Guys I am very sorry the code is little messy and not commented properly.

PicTronics

pasanRobotics said:
Finally I built little bigger Dot Matrixs sign board. But still there is lot to improve. At the moment im working on character spacing algorithm.

And also you can see the characters isn't go with the display. Thats because my character Generator is for 5X7 displays not for 8X8.

I'll to post here all of my improvements on this project.

video

can u provied here compleat project with code , ckt diagram ?

Reactions: rierie

rierie

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Plz see the attachment. Code is little messy And its not the final.

Open the project file using mikroC Pro.

Schematics - I'll haven't drew any.

@sahu:
Wow, you ask for every (someone else's) project a code. Is that the only thing you know?

@pasanRobotics:
Congratulations, finally somebody to make a real thing, not only asking a homework (aka. 'project') to be sorted out by someone else.
Bear in mind that you will not be able to expand your moving message indefinitely, lengthwise, the limitation is the 'duty cycle' for multiplex.

zasto said:
@sahu:
Wow, you ask for every (someone else's) project a code. Is that the only thing you know?

@pasanRobotics:
Congratulations, finally somebody to make a real thing, not only asking a homework (aka. 'project') to be sorted out by someone else.
Bear in mind that you will not be able to expand your moving message indefinitely, lengthwise, the limitation is the 'duty cycle' for multiplex.

Yes agreed. For bigger displays im using Sure Electronics Displays

Plz see this

Chip is Holtek HT1632

Visit my blog >> PicTronics

Great :)

I will have ta start a new topic on nonmultiplexed scrolling text display, got sick 'n tired of silly requests oh schematics and code (will post only relevant parts of circuit) :D

zasto said:
Great :)

I will have ta start a new topic on nonmultiplexed scrolling text display, got sick 'n tired of silly requests oh schematics and code (will post only relevant parts of circuit) :D

Hey, I also have no idea about non mux LED displays. :D

nice work.
i am too building dot matrix 5X72 but i use 4017.
and still working on communication between PC and PIC and use assembly.

pasanRobotics said:
Code is little messy And its not the final.
Without the original working code, how did you work the project at your end?
pasanRobotics said:
Did you get the schemtaics from any other site? Just post the link.
Cheers

pranam77 said:
pasanRobotics said:
Code is little messy And its not the final.
Without the original working code, how did you work the project at your end?
pasanRobotics said:
Did you get the schemtaics from any other site? Just post the link.
Cheers

Hey dear this is my project. I dont hv to drew any schematics to connect couple of 74HC959s and Drivers ( ULN2803 X 8 for columns, UDN2981 X 1 for rows.

What makes you think that I stole some one els project and post here.

By the way I attached final Right to Left Scrolling code.

pasanRobotics said:
Hey dear this is my project. I dont hv to drew any schematics to connect couple of 74HC959s and Drivers ( ULN2803 X 8 for columns, UDN2981 X 1 for rows. What makes you think that I stole some one els project and post here. By the way I attached final Right to Left Scrolling code.
Yes..it may be your project. I didnt say anywhere in my posts that you have stolen it. DID I ? It may be of your friend and you are sharing it. And most members are not intelligent like you to constuct your project just by getting the IC names. You may post at least a hand wriitten and scanned schematic.

Can you please publish the Schematic. It will be very helpful to build this project from the beginning.
Thanx :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.