Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 channel electronic relay with ULN2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashaly

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am tryin to figure out how to do this project of mine. I am currently using the ULN2003 and 5A, 12v relay. Can any1 guide me the correct circuit using 8 relays.
I am totally a electronic bimbo..

thanks in advace.

Hugs,
Ashaly.

electronic bimbo,

uln can drive only upto max 7 relays.
there is nothing much difficulty in it.
Refer the data sheet and be right back here,if you have any doubts!!

best of luck

Hey cameo_2007,

thats a prob. cos my lecturer expect me to use uln2003 and 8 relays. I try looking at the data sheet but am seriously very blur. Pls help me out!

Yes am totally an electronic bimbo.

Added after 1 minutes:

Haker_fox....

The 5A referring to the relay coil.

Ashaly said:
thats a prob. cos my lecturer expect me to use uln2003 and 8 relays.

But you cannot expect ULN2003 to drive 8 relays.It has only 7 Input/Outputs.
And as some one said ,go for 2803 if possible.

or what is your application? from where are you getting the signals to drive the relay ?

5A for coil? It will never be. You would have misread something,check it up.

Ashaly said:
Hey cameo_2007,
thats a prob. cos my lecturer expect me to use uln2003 and 8 relays.
It's impossible!!!
Ashaly said:
Hey cameo_2007,
The 5A referring to the relay coil.
It's seems that you're wrong. But... if it's true you should to use 8 MOSFETs like irlz24n (Logic level) or others.

Ashaly said:
thats a prob. cos my lecturer expect me to use uln2003 and 8 relays. I try looking at the data sheet but am seriously very blur. Pls help me out!
Yes am totally an electronic bimbo. The 5A referring to the relay coil.
May be the lecturer is tring to make you think more about it or he himself is a Bingo if he really wants you to use a ULN2003 to drive 8 relays. Take a ULN2803 which is 8 outputs scratch the name, rename it with ULN2003 and surprise your lecturer....:D:idea::D:idea::D Too no relay coil will have a current consumption of 5amps with 12 volts supply. Cross check everything. Good luck.

Hey frens.
thanks 4 helpin me. but i,ll be using 2 ULn2003 with 8 relay. Thats possible ryt. I haf the circuit with me but i was just wondering if any1 could send a diagram so that i can double check.

Hugs

will you mind sending the diagram which you have, and we can double check and tell you,

If at all you have such a circuit either two relays are connected to one output or you need two ULN2003, this will aloow a maximum of 7 + 7 = 14 inputs and outputs out of which you can use 8 if your teacher so desires.
Raoof

Status
Not open for further replies.